Desert Rose has many volunteer opportunities for individuals or groups who want to help victims of domestic abuse. If you have a desire to serve those in need, Desert Rose is just the place for you. All volunteers go through a 4-hour training depending on the area they will serve. If you are working directly with the women and children we require a background check.
To register for training or for questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at (765) 342-7673.
Want to help victims in your local community? Fill out a volunteer application today!
- See to the general needs of the residents (meals, medications, cleaning, etc.)
- Get new residents settled (show them the facility and explain how meals, programs and such work.)
- Accept donations and deliveries per the donation policies.
- Clean resident rooms after a resident moves out for new residents. Follow volunteer To Do List.
- Answer phones.
- Assist Case Manager with checking in new residents.
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator with scheduling volunteers for future shifts.
- Take client requests for transportation and visitation.
- Monitor security.
- Check in visitors.
- Get needed items for the shelter from the store.
- Pick up donated items from churches and businesses.
- Calling previous donors.
- Play a role in fundraising activities.
- Set up for fundraising activities.
- Make contact in the community for fundraising activities.
Child Care Provider
- Provide childcare upon the request of a client.
- Do all of the necessary activities included in childcare (diaper changing, food preparation, activities with children, etc.)
Night Time Volunteer
- Monitor the security system.
- Answer telephones.